IMLS Director Crosby Kemper discussed IMLS, the renewed PCAH, and the importance of museums, libraries, and cultural institutions in communities.
- November 15, 2022
- October 26, 2022The 9th Inter-American Meeting of Ministers of Culture and Highest Appropriate Authorities of Culture will share information and experiences on how technologies have been used in the collection, preservation, and dissemination efforts of arts and cultural heritage.
- October 3, 2022IMLS will provide funding and administrative support for the committee that will advise the President and the heads of the three federal cultural agencies..
President Biden Issues Proclamation on National Arts and Humanities Month, Includes Executive Order to Promote the Arts, the Humanities, and Museum and Library ServicesSeptember 30, 2022In honor of the vital roles that arts and humanities play in American society, the nation’s cultural agencies—IMLS, NEA, and NEH—are celebrating National Arts and Humanities Month 2022.
- September 29, 2022The National Park Service, IMLS, NEH, and NEA announced $24.25 million in Save America’s Treasures grants to fund 80 preservation and conservation projects in 32 states.
- September 15, 2022The Taskforce will work to increase access to information literacy instruction so that everyone can gain the tools needed to understand and think critically about information.
- September 12, 2022The virtual 2022 National Tribal Broadband Summit begins Sept. 13.
- September 7, 2022IMLS Director Crosby Kemper provides remarks at the swearing in ceremony in Kansas City’s National WWI Museum.
- September 1, 2022IMLS is now accepting nominations for the 2023 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor awarded to libraries and museums for service to their communities.
- August 18, 2022Announcing grants awarded through IMLS programs designed to support and improve Native American, Native Alaskan, and Native Hawaiian library services, including language and cultural preservation.