We welcome your participation and comments on IMLS social media web pages and sites (the "Websites"). These Websites are governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are fully responsible for everything that you submit. IMLS does not discriminate against any views. Nevertheless, IMLS may monitor any user-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to remove content for any reason whatsoever without notice. In order to promote productive and responsible interaction, we ask that you follow the terms of this Commenting and Posting Policy, which governs the use of the Websites. Thank you for joining the conversation!
- We will only post submissions from bloggers and commenters over 13 years of age.
- We will remove content that contains abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- We may remove content that contains personal information (whether your own or someone else’s), including home address, home or cell phone number, or personal e-mail address, in order to protect privacy.
- We will remove spam, content that is clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that involve political or legislative campaigning or lobbying.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in removal.
- Do not post anything that you do not have the right to post. We will follow a notice and takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Communications made via the Websites do not constitute a legal or official notice or comment to IMLS or any official or employee of IMLS or the United States Government for any purpose.
- Content submitted by all users of the Websites is subject to public disclosure and released into the public domain, unless otherwise stated.
Compliance with Policy. Your use of any aspect of the Websites constitutes your agreement to comply with this Commenting and Posting Policy and your acceptance of these terms. To ensure that the Websites remain consistent with their intended purposes, this Policy may be amended or modified at any time with or without notice. Your continued access and use constitutes your acceptance of all amendments and modifications. Please also note that IMLS may suspend or terminate your access to the Websites if you do not follow this Policy.
Editing and Deletions. IMLS reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move, or delete any submitted or posted material without notice and at IMLS’s sole discretion.
Public Disclosure. All content submitted to or posted on the Websites are subject to public disclosure and released into the public domain, unless stated otherwise. With this in mind, we ask that you only submit content that you are comfortable transmitting to the general public and placing into the public domain.
Attribution. Links to the Websites are welcomed. If you post such a link, we would greatly appreciate your citation to the "Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)" as the source of the information.
Linking. In the Websites, IMLS may from time to time include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created or maintained on blogs, websites, or wikis of other public agencies and organizations, private entities, and individuals. These links and pointers are provided solely for the information and convenience of users.
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of information contained on a linked website or its security.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted content contained in linked websites. Users are responsible for requesting authorization from the host and/or sponsor of the linked website and the intellectual property rights holder(s), as applicable. Users are solely responsible for any copyright infringement resulting from their activity on the linked website.
- Is not responsible for transmissions that users receive from linked websites.
- Does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Appropriate URL Format. IMLS may remove any URLs that pose or appear to pose a security threat to its sites, the United States Government, or other users, including, but not limited to, any URLs that have been shortened by third-party sites (i.e., bit.ly, tiny.cc). Please use caution and remember that you click on third-party content at your own risk.
Submissions Are Not Endorsed. IMLS does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, statements, or other submissions posted by users on the Websites. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those submitting the content and does not necessarily represent the views of IMLS, the United States Government, or any of their officers or employees. IMLS, the United States Government, and their officers or employees are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any content posted or submitted by you or by other users.
References Are Not Endorsements. Any references to commercial entities, products, processes, or services, or other nongovernmental organizations or individuals that are included on the Websites by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise are provided solely for your information. These references are not intended to reflect the opinions of IMLS, the United States Government, or their officers or employees or third party service providers concerning the significance, priority, or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service, organization, or individual. Such references, including any that may relate to our initiatives and partnerships, are not official or personal endorsements or approvals, and should not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying endorsement or approval by IMLS or the Government.
Records Management. The agency’s records management and disposition system applies to all submissions of content to the Websites.
Security. For website security and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, IMLS may employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, deny service, or otherwise cause damage or access to non-public information. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized activities are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
General Disclaimer. IMLS and the United States Government, including their officers and employees, make no warranty and assume no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, availability, relevance, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the Websites or for the information, comments, documents, images, and other material contained therein, including, but not limited to, that provided by users. Furthermore, IMLS and the United States Government, including their officers and employees, make no representation that use of the Websites would not infringe privately owned rights, including, but not limited to, copyright. Access to or use of the Websites does not grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter.
Official Notices and Communications. The Websites should not be regarded as the primary source for official IMLS or Government information or statements. Communications made via the Websites do not constitute a legal or official notice or comment to IMLS or any official or employee of IMLS or the United States Government for any purpose.
Questions or Comments. The IMLS Office of Communications manages the Websites as forums for enhancing interactions with the library and museum communities and the public. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented in the Websites, please contact Anthony C. Marucci, Director of Communications at 202-653-4657.