We hope that developers everywhere make use of the APIs we provide for our surveys and data. Over time, you'll find a growing number of APIs listed here, along with resources and documentation to help you use them.
Our data catalog offers over 80 datasets and each one has an API. Find the API documents and endpoints under the API button for each dataset.
These are a few of our most popular datasets:
- Public Library Systems API - Find key information on library systems around the United States in FY 2014.
- Main Libraries, Branches, and Bookmobiles API - Find key information on main libraries, branches, and bookmobiles—including FSCS IDs, square footage, locale code, and location—in FY 2014.
- State Libraries' Operations and Workforce API - Find key information on state libraries—including operations, circulation, attendance, and staffing—in FY 2014.
- State Libraries' Revenue and Expenditures API - Find key information on state libraries' revenue and expenditures in FY 2014.
- State Libraries' Services API - Find key information on services provided by state libraries in FY 2014.
- Grants API - Explore the administrative records for discretionary grant recipients who were awarded funds by IMLS from FY 1996 to FY 2014. Data include information on the institution, grant project name, grant award amount, matching funds, and the start and end dates of the grant. Geographic information is also included.
Learn more about the APIs offered through the data catalog.
Find all of our open source code on GitHub. We're working to add more. Feel free to ask questions in each repository's issue tracker.
Feedback and Questions
Please contact us if you have suggestions, comments, or questions. We'd love to hear from you!